Truffle Hunt on a Bike
A truffle hunt bike trip is a proper adventure for all those who love discovering the local customs and gastronomy in a fun way. While biking through the forests and magical sites in the vicinity of the medieval Motovun, you'll discover the magnificent panoramas of inner Istria. After a delicious truffle and local prosciutto lunch, you'll head out on a quest to find the famous aphrodisiac mushroom with the help of an experienced local truffle hunter and his dogs. Have a great hunt!
- Available months: all months
- Available weekdays: Tuesday
- Departure from: Poreč
- Departure time: 09:00
- Activity languages: English
09:00 - Arrival at Terra Magica Adventures meeting point (Valamar Diamant Hotel)
09:30 - Drive to inland Istria
10:15 - Arrival at the starting point, safety briefing, start cycling
13:00 - End of cycling, break for lunch (includes truffles and truffle products) and refreshing drinks
14:00 - Preparations, instructions and start of truffle hunting
15:30 - End of truffle hunting, optional visit to Motovun and drive back to Porec
- Cycling guide and truffle hunting guide with dogs
- Lunch (local foods including truffles)
- Use of bicycles and other equipment
- Transfers from Porec to the cycling starting point and back to Porec
- Drinks and snacks during the trip
- Optional gratuities for your guide(s)
- Transfers to and from the starting point
The minimum age is 10, and the child must be accompanied by a parent.
Minimum number of people: 2
Reservation is required
The organizer foresaw the following security measures during COVID-19
- Face masks required
- Social distancing throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Kindly note that this is a private tour that can be rescheduled due to weather conditions or availability.
After your purchase a member of Valamar Experience Concierge team will contact you to arrange all details.
Bring clothes suited for biking and walking in the forest, enough liquids, a backpack, sunscreen, bug repellent, snacks and/or sandwiches, money for lunch and souvenirs and spare clothes.
The voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Valamar Experience Concierge portal profile.
Show the voucher before the start of the experience.
You can show either the printed or electronic voucher.
In case of booking cancellation:
- more than 24 hours before the booked date, no fee is charged.
- within 24 hours before the booked date, 50% of the total amount is charged.
- in case of no show, 100% of the entire amount will be charged.
Experience organizer: Terra Magica Adventures, OIB: 38950692923