What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website in order to enable the basic or additional functionality of those pages.
Which Cookies we use?
Valamar Riviera uses different types of cookies:
Cookies by function
- Necessary cookies - they are necessary for the functioning of the website, which cannot function without them. This means that a website cannot be opened or displayed without these cookies. These cookies are used for the purpose of transmitting communication or are necessary to provide an information society service that is explicitly required of the user of such service. Also, these cookies enable basic analysis of web pages with the aim of improving the work of web pages through data that is completely anonymized, i.e. not based on your personal data or data that can be linked to you in any way. These cookies do not need and do not require your consent.
- Advertising cookies - they are used to analyze your interests and wishes, and they serve the purpose of informing about special and personalized offers, news and events organized through online channels (e-mail, internet, internet promotion). These cookies require your consent.
Cookies by source
- First party cookies come from the Internet site you are viewing, and can be permanent or temporary. With these cookies, Internet sites can store data that will be used again the upon the next visit to the internet site.
- Third party cookies Third party cookies come from other Internet sites, which are located on the Internet site you are viewing. With these cookies, other Internet sites can track Internet usage on the Internet site you are viewing for marketing or analytical purposes.
Cookies by duration
- Persistent cookies - Persistent or saved cookies remain on your computer after you close your Internet browser program. They help Internet sites store information, such as login and password, language settings, or cookie settings, so you don't have to re-enter them each time you visit. Persistent cookies can stay on your computer or mobile device for days, months, even years.
- Temporary cookies Temporary cookies or session cookies are removed from your computer when you close your internet browser. They use Internet sites to store temporary information, such as the last few pages you opened on the Internet site you visited, or items in your shopping cart if you are on an Internet site that specializes in Internet sales.
List of cookies
How to manage cookies?
Every visitor to our website can manage cookies to some extent.
The first step is to give consent for certain cookies. If you have changed your mind about the cookie settings, you can change them at any time on the Valamar Riviera website at the link.
You can always delete cookies stored on your computer, thus preventing further processing of your personal data through such technology. Each web browser has its own procedure for deleting cookies, and below are links to deletion procedures in the most popular web browsers:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit this website: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Furthermore, if you delete the search history from your browser and at the same time turn on the option to delete cookies, you will delete all cookies that are currently on your device. Also, most of today's browsers can be set to block the storage of cookies on your device.
Third party cookies
Some of our pages display content from external service providers, such as YouTube, Facebook and Google Maps.
Third parties that provide services on our websites are:
Data Protection Official
Valamar Riviera has appointed a personal data protection official who you can contact at any time via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address Valamar Riviera d.d., Stancija Kaligari 1, Poreč, Republic of Croatia - for DPO, issues related to personal data protection and for exercising their rights guaranteed by the General Data Protection Regulation.