Salzburg is synonymous with classical music coming from the open windows and the monumental medieval castle which still looks as it did when Mozart lived at its base. This city leaves visitors in awe with its Baroque gardens and the cult fountain from The Sound of Music. We mustn’t forget the lovely cafes that offer Sacher and Dobos Torte, along with other mouth-watering desserts, as well as galleries, restaurants and gift shops in the Old Town, which is especially magical during Advent.
- Hop into the funicular that will take you to Hohensalzburg Fortress, which is so large that you can spend the entire day there enjoying a 360° view of Salzburg and its surroundings.
- Visit the Mozart Museum in his birth house in the city centre at 9 Getreidegasse.
- Walk the halls and gardens of the Mirabell Palace, which was built at the behest of Prince-Archbishop Wolf Dietrich for his beloved Salome.
- Explore the 4-tier Museum of Modern Art brimming with 20th and 21st century artworks.
- Take a stroll through Getreidengasse street in the vibrant centre of the Old Town, which is lined with charming little restaurants and traditional craft shops to be preserved for posterity.
Insider’s tip: If you want to visit the major museums, castles and attractions in Salzburg, consider purchasing card, which, in addition to tickets, provides free public transport.
Loading map, please stand by!
Ouch. There are no results for the selected category, period and/or location. Try another combination!