For its glamorous nightclubs frequented by many yachtsmen and famous celebrities, such as Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Beyonce, the city of Hvar has become a capital city of good fun which attracts young people (and those who feel young) from all corners of the world to a scenic bay to the west of the island. But this town is so much more than that. It will welcome you with the oldest theatre in Europe, enticing venetian palaces, the formidable Fortica Fortress, and a fantastic gourmet scene, while the surroundings are speckled with many islands and beaches that will invite you like sirens to bathe in their turquoise waters.
WHY HVAR ISLAND?
- Be in the centre of attention on the Hvar’s waterfront and numerous nightclubs
- Swim at the most beautiful beaches of the island, such as Pokonji Dol Beach (nostalgic), Bonj Beach (glamorous), and Mekićevica Beach (nudist)
- Hop to the magnetic Paklinski Islands for an unforgettable day trip
- Climb the breathtaking stairs from the St. Stjepan Square to the Fortica Fortress
- Enjoy a refreshing array of activities: from free-climbing, sailing, scuba diving, hiking and cycling (as much as 500 km of trails) to kayaking, SUP tours, and skydiving
Insider’s tip: You do not necessarily have to like the hubbub to find your corner of heaven in Hvar. You only have to enter a bit deeper in the city alleys and give yourself up to the warm hug of everyday life of ordinary people (walking under clotheslines of colourful clothes or be accompanied by a clang of plates and humming voices from open windows...) .
Loading map, please stand by!
Ouch. There are no results for the selected category, period and/or location. Try another combination!