During its history, Pula was an exceptionally important port for the maritime traffic of the entire north Adriatic, which is why numerous forts were built in the area of Pula during the era of the Republic of Venice. Among them was the Venetian fort, which then served a defensive purpose. Today, however, it is a very popular tourist attraction. Come visit Pula today and discover all the details of its eventful history!
- Available months: all months
- Available weekdays: all days
- The city of Pula developed on the hill of Kaštel, when it was known as Pietas Julia
- The French military engineer Antoine De Ville designed the fort and led its construction on behalf of the Republic of Venice between 1631 and 1633.
- The fort has a rectangular layout with prominent, sharpened corner bastions.
- This Histrian fort served primarily for defence.
- Today, the Kaštel is home to the Historical Museum of Istria.
The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Valamar Experience Concierge portal profile.
You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the experience you are interested in.