The Lokrum Island
This stunningly beautiful island is shrouded in secrecy, and it is only 10 minutes away from Dubrovnik by boat. The island is a protected nature park and the special reserve of forest vegetation. You will discover the remains of tumultuous history, the Dead Sea karstic phenomenon, numerous coves, a botanical garden with 700 exotic plant species and rare animal species such as the Hermann's tortoise.
- Available months: all months
- Available weekdays: all days
- On the oldest Lokrum trail from the small harbour Portoč to the monastery complex consisting of the remains of a basilica (12th and 13th century), a monastery with a cloister garden (15th and 16th century) and the summer residence of Maximilian of Habsburg (19th century) find out everything about the tumultuous history of the island, recorded since 1023
- If you love the popular series "Game of Thrones" that was filmed in Dubrovnik and the Lokrum Island, do not miss you chance to sit on the Iron Throne at the Lokrum Island visitor centre and feel like you rule the Seven Kingdoms
- Visit the Dead Sea karstic phenomenon, a shallow salt lake suitable for swimming on the southern part of the island
- Climb on the French star-shaped fort Fort Royal (19th century) located at the highest point of the island and enjoy the wonderful view of Dubrovnik, Cavtat and islands
- Explore the botanical garden with 500 species of trees and bushes and take a photo of yourself in a field with more than 150 cactus species
- Furthermore, discover rare animal species that inhabit the island, such as the Hermann's tortoise that lives up to 100 years, the largest Central European green lizard, bats and various kinds of birds and mammals
- If you like jumping in the sea, the island's rocky coast is ideal for you and one part of the island with beaches is intended for nudists only
- How to reach the island? There is a scheduled connection from the Dubrovnik harbour.
The voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Valamar Experience Concierge portal profile.
Show the voucher before the start of the experience.
You can show either the printed or electronic voucher.