Truffle Hunting and Truffle Tasting
Paladini 14, 52420 Buzet
In Istria, every self-respecting truffle search begins with a welcome drink of homemade brandy. After that, everything goes smoothly: from a delicious truffle-based dish in a hall with a magical view of the forest to soft fritters with a truffle and champagne cream.
While you taste the local specialities with Malvasia and Teran, the hosts will introduce you to the tradition of hunting this greatest Istrian treasure, and after that, a guide and two truffle dogs will take you to the forest to experience it for yourself. The rest of the story is experienced live.
- Available months: all months
- Available weekdays: all days
- Activity languages: English, Italian, Croatian
Example of an itinerary if the experience starts at 10:00 a.m.
Truffle Hunting (40 min - 1 h)
11:00 a.m. - A tour of the estate, the dogs and an educational story about truffles, with a welcome drink (truffle brandy)
11:20 a.m. - Beginning of the tasting
11:20 a.m. - First course: cold platter with truffle products
11:40 a.m. - Second course: the preparation of a frittata with fresh truffles; guests can participate
12:00 a.m. - Third course: preparation of a dessert with truffles, in front of the guests
- Expert guided tour
- Tasting: 2 types of truffle cheese, truffle sausages, 3 types of truffle spreads, truffle honey, truffle oil and vinegar. Scrambled eggs with fresh black truffles and hot fritters stuffed with truffle chocolate, Teran and Malvasia.
- Meal: Cold platter, scrambled eggs with fresh truffles and hot fritters with truffles
- Educational presentation of truffles, truffle traditions, dog training and interesting facts about truffles
- Free parking
- Visit to the first Croatian truffle museum
- Transfer to the location
- Product purchases
For persons with disabilities, only the tasting is offered, without going into the forest.
The start of the experience can be at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
The facility offers a shop with more than 30 different products made from truffles and other local Istrian products.
Minimum number of persons: 2
Maximum number of persons: 12
Reservation is required prior to arrival.
Bring a camera and comfortable shoes and clothes.
Prepare a printed or electronic version of the voucher to present to the experience organiser upon request.
In case of booking cancellation:
- more than 24 hours before the booked date, no fee is charged.
- between 24 to 12 hours before the booked date 50% of the total amount is charged.
- within 12 hours before the booked date 100% of the total amount is charged.
- in case of no show, 100% of the entire amount will be charged.
Experience organizer: Karlić Ban Tartufi d.o.o., OIB 27009052323
Paladini 14, 52420 Buzet